Hi Friends! Since we are all stuck in our homes right now, I want to share a quick tutorial on how to take indoor portraits with your phone.
- Choose a floor length window or door in your home and turn off all lights in the room
- Pick a day that is sunny, but doesn’t have direct sunlight coming in (mid day works well)
- Use a solid colored table cloth or plain wall as your backdrop
- Turn your subject 3/4 towards the window or until you have catchlights in both eyes
- Keep distance between you and your subject, and your subject and the background
When we emerge from the pandemic, your local photographers will be happy to resume documenting you and your family. Until then, keep taking photos of what is most precious to you.